"I want to fly... Waiting for sunrise"

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Maybe a New Year Resolution

Whenever I see photos of crit sessions, the students definitely look tensed, or worried, or frightened. Me too. I don't remember a crit session where I was relaxed and eager to learn. It was just frightening, the thought of being critiqued and possibly insulted. The possibility of cherished ideas being crushed and thrown away like trash. And humiliated in front of your peers.






I want to be a happy student. I want to be a happy student in a crit.


It's definitely not easy, but I want to work towards that. There's just no point being stressed and frightened. I know it's not easy, but I dislike feeling like that enough to want to try going the other way. Hopefully. Hopefully, I will be able to try it out, come next September... I want to genuinely get into it, not to take it like a farce or a disconnected event, but as part of a whole structure of learning. I know it's not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment